Friday 7 August 2009

Day 7

Date: 07/08/09
Time: 21:50
Miles Travelled Today: 0!
Location: Campsite in Applecross
Weather: Again. amazing all day

What a lovely relaxing day, just what the brain ordered. I have done exactly no miles in the car today which was sooo nice. I have done some walking, washed my clothes, done a lot of sunbathing and not a lot else. I have also discovered that this campsite actually does have WiFi and so I am finally able to upload the photos from the last few days. Today I took a lot of photos of the sunset for which I am unapologetic, it was very beautiful and I hope I captured some of that. I also got eaten alive my midges for the first time – there have been a few over the last few days and I have been bitten but outside the pub was insane particularly as the sun went down. The joys of the West coast of Scotland ;)

Not a lot else to say really, it has been a very lazy day which was very much required. I am a big people watcher (that is I am big into watching people, not just watching big people) and it was interesting to watch the campsite empty and then fill again as existing campers left and new ones arrived. I walked over to the 'local producers market' at the village hall which I hoped would be full of jams and chutneys and the like but had one cake/bread stall and the rest were stuff like friendship bracelets, paintings, cards, drying up cloths, etc., a bit disappointing; I bought some home made, over priced but very nice cheese and tomato bread anyway and resisted the over priced, very fattening but lovely brownies. I managed to miss the queues for the showers by being lazy and not going until about 10am, good plan.

Tomorrow I hit the road again. I will miss this place, I love its laid back and relaxed attitude (apart from in the pub which was utterly manic, apparently it has a reputation for good food and was heaving when I went), its beauty and its charm. I aim to get to Skye tomorrow and we will see what that brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment