Thursday 13 August 2009

Day 12

Date: 12/08/09
Time: 19:30
Miles Travelled Today: 137
Location: Struan House B&B in Tarbert
Weather: Sunny with clouds

16:45
How difficult can it be to get a bed for the night in Scotland? It turns out to be very stupidly difficult if you are in Fort William or Oban. There isn't a single room to be found, its utterly insane. For gods sake, I could be home in 5 hours and sleep in my own bed, something I am very tempted to do right now.
Some birthday this is turning out to be.

19:30
Well, that was fun. It seems that everyone in Scotland is staying on a B&B! After failing to find anything in both Fort William and Oban, I drove and drove heading towards Cambeltown, continously searching for B&Bs (or even campsites!). Eventually, I came to Tarbert and had a little drive around and found this B&B. It is a bit more expensive than I wanted but at that point I didn't care. It turned out to be lovely with internet access and an amazing shower, the Niagra falls of the shower world. It was fantastic to have a shower that lasted longer than 5 minutes, was more than a dribble and that was lovely and clean. A beer in a local pub and then a meal out will be followed by an internet fix and then, hopefully, a nice sleep.

Fort William itself was unimpressive and Oban was not much better. Beautiful scenary (there is a surprise) on the route down towards Tarbert but I was too hacked off to stop and take pictures so no photos on this post. Hopefully tomorrow will be an easier day.

No comments:

Post a Comment