Friday 7 August 2009

Day 5

Date: 05/08/09
Time: 22:20
Miles Travelled Today: 88
Location: Campsite in Ullapool
Weather: Again. amazing all day but now raining

I have fallen completely in love with Scotland and am looking meaningfully at any houses that I pass that are for sale. I have run out of words to describe what I am seeing, I guess you are sick of seeing the words amazing, beautiful, etc. come up again and again but they are all I have.

After a much better nights sleep, I set off again this morning to be greeted by more lochs, more mountains, more moorland, more coastline, more more more. It is unstoppable, this wave of visual delights, unceasing, unrelenting. Another lovely beach was my venue for lunch followed by a short trek to a waterfall where I pretended I knew what I was doing with my camera and got all arty; I haven't looked at the resulting photos yet although I already know I have to learnt more about what to do with light, I keep getting overexposed photos. A longer trek to the 'Old Man of Hoy' was enjoyable but did result in a bit of a burnt neck. After more driving, I arrived at Ullapool where I had been advised a nice campsite was to be found. I must have missed the signs as I drove straight through and beyond, still searching. Eventually I turned around and managed to find it the second time. The campsite is ok, nothing special which is what I could say for Ullapool itself. On the plus side, I did manage to find a pub with free WiFi and so was able to upload a couple of posts plus the photos from the last few days. On the downside I am near to the noisy family from hell, it is now 10.30 and they are still loudly talking about crap and seem pretty drunk. This is the first problem I have had with other people on a campsite so far so I guess I should be thankful. Hopefully they will all pass out in a little while and STFU. I will let you know tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment